Why is my hp Photosmart printer not printing
A Quick Guide To Assist You When Your Hp Photosmart Printer Refuses To Print.
An indispensable part of our lives, Hp printer has greatly impacted the literacy rate, now the readership has expanded to a much wider level than before. The Hp printer abbreviated as Hewlett Packard is an American company founded in 1984. Hp has dominated the market in terms of its demand and competitive prices and varieties that it has on offer. A range of Hp printer not printing, the Hp Photosmart printer is a user’s favorite due to the following listed factors.
- Hp Photosmart printer comes with a feature of built-in wireless printing and also wired networking.
- It goes a long way in saving paper and provides add on features such as memory card slots and color LCD screen.
- It is able to print 33 pages per minute with a scan resolution up to 4800 dpi optical.
The present writeup talks about the reasons that lead the Hp printer not printing to go on the offline status and also provides the appropriate solution to troubleshoot the same.
1. First and foremost check the basic connection, it might be at fault!: Most commonly the printer shows “Offline” status when it is not properly connected to your computer, or there arise some network issues leading to the printing error. Check for the same in order to comfortably progress with the printing function. Carefully check whether both the ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. You can also try using a different cable to ensure that the fault is not with the cable.
2. An outdated printer driver might be the reason for your printer not printing. Do away with the obsolete driver and download a new one for your system: An outdated driver for your printer may lead to the unfavorable circumstances where your printer refuses to print. In such a case it is best advised to download the latest, most suitable driver for your system. Follow the mentioned steps to download the driver for your system:
a.After downloading and installing the Driver Easy software click on Driver Easy and select “Scan Now Button”.Wait till the software scans for any problem devices.
b.In order to download the most appropriate driver for your device, click on the “Update” option next to your HP printer in your Driver Easy screen to remove the error hp printer not printing.
To uninstall the driver, read on :
a. Open the installed “Driver Easy” and from the options on the left column, click “Tools”.
b.From among the options click on “Driver Uninstall”.
c.Look for your HP device to be uninstalled and click on “Uninstall” button on the bottom right corner of the screen, you may also click on “Update All “
3.Do away with the previous stuck commands and restart the system afresh: In many cases when the HP printer refuses to perform its function, this fault can get easily rectified by doing away with all the former printing command traffic and starting the printer afresh. Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform the canceling function.
- On the bottom left corner of the screen, go to the “Start” icon, thereafter choose” Control panel” and then “Devices and Printers”.
- Now in the “Printer’s” section, right-click on your Hp Photosmart printer and click on “See what’s printing”
- Now click on the “Printer” menu and thereafter select “Open as administrator” link.
- Now yet again open the “Printer” menu and select “Cancel all documents” link.
- As the last step, select “Yes” to confirm your action and you have successfully canceled all the previous stuck printing commands.
4. Check and deactivate the automated offline commands: Sometimes the offline and pause printing commands are activated automatically impeding the printing function. In the aforementioned steps, we have mentioned the appropriate way to turn of such automated commands, scroll down and read on.
a. As the first step, from the window button, look for “Devices and Printers” and select it.
b.Now on the next page select the icon of your installed printer.
c.Right-click on the provided icon and click “See what’s printing”.
d.Now as the last step, on the upper left corner of the next page click on the “Printer” menu, and click to remove any checkmarks next to “Pause printing” or “Use printer offline” options.
This step would enable your printer to take and perform the printing jobs to its best efficiency
.As a user you can also avail the advantage of the HP Support Assistant option in your HP system and for much comprehensive knowledge for our readers, I hope the above mentioned easy and useful tricks will come to your use when your Hp printer, not printing refuses to carry out its operations.
For more such helpful tech articles, keep reading this space.